Monday, August 10, 2015

Stitch Fix #1

I bit the bullet and decided to try Stitch Fix. I signed up using a referral link from my mom and it was a pretty easy process.

A simple overview of the program: Sign Up Here. You pay $20 and a stylist uses results from a questionnaire you fill out in advance to choose five items to send directly to your doorstep. You try it on in the comfort of your own home. They give you three days to make a decision on what to keep and what to return. If you choose to keep all five items, you get 25% off. Otherwise, each item is priced individually and your $20 styling fee is applied to what you keep. There are no autoship requirements, which is one of the reasons I decided to give it a go. Whether you want one every month, every other month,  or just for special occasions, you can choose when you receive packages.  They also have a pretty amazing referral program.

I was pretty excited to receive this box today (especially since the day hasn't gone as planned...but that's another story!)



The inside of the box is very pretty and has instructions that are clear. You really can't mess this up if you read what they send! There was a small envelope as well with a personal note from the stylist who chose my pieces. I'm sure they probably all say the same thing, but it was nice anyway! There was also what I like to think of as a paper pinterest board. It has each item paired with two different outfits to show you how to wear your new articles of clothing.


There is also a slip that shows the name of each item, what each item costs, and your total with and without the Buy Five discount. My shipment would have been an average of $37 per item if I chose to keep them all. Your initial $20 fee counts toward whatever you keep as well. 


So let's get to the good part, my shipment!

Item 1: Jeggings/Skinny Jeans. This was the only thing I did not like in my box. That waistband?! I am not a child who needs an elastic waistband, thanks. I did not even try them on as they were obviously too long for me just by looking at them. I think I need to go change my pants length, I must have messed that up :) These were priced at $78.



Item 2: Cross Front Top. I really liked this shirt and the way it felt. Definitely high quality materials. It was a little awkward to put on, but once it was on, it looked and felt great. Coming out of the box, I thought it was going to be very low cut, but the fit was professional once on my body. It is $48.


Item 3: Open Cardigan. This was very comfortable and I loved the pockets on the side. But it was a bit "messy" looking for my tastes. Again, high quality fabric. $48 to purchase. 


Item 4: Striped Dolman. The pictures don't do this one justice, it's navy and tan. I really like the fit of this shirt. It was loose at the top and fitted toward the bottom. It would look great at work with khakis as well as with jeans and boots. I cannot say it enough, the stuff they send is really good product. I can't necessarily afford it all, but there is a reason they can charge $30-$50 for these. This one is $48. 

Item 5: Chevron Henley. There are several reasons why this one is my favorite. I love chevron, it's peacock colors, and this was extremely flattering to my figure. Plus it is SO soft (like, I wish you could feel it through the screen!). I will be keeping this item out of the shipment. Of course, it's the most expensive shirt in the box at $54. What can I say? I have expensive tastes and a teacher's paycheck, they don't mix often. 


Honestly, I probably would have kept my whole shipment if I had liked the pants. That's what plastic is for, right?! I kid, I kid. I am trying hard with my family to get out of debt from my daughter's bills wayyyyy back when so we don't use the charge card anymore unless it's an emergency. Seriously though, they did a great job choosing items that fit me and my questionnaire. Now is when I can let the stylist know why I am returning things (uh, ugly pants?!) and give a little more insight to her (Thanks Holly!) for my next shipment. I will definitely be doing another shipment in the next month or so. My overall impression is that everyone should get a box at least once to try it out. You don't have to commit to anything and the worse thing that can happen is.... you're out $20 but you had fun trying on things you might not have picked for yourself. 

2 comments: