Wednesday, December 30, 2015

It Works Hair Skin and Nails Review: Does it work?

In my quest to get longer, stronger hair I love trying new things to see if it will help. My hair is slow growing and somewhat weak thanks to health issues and over processing. In my previous posts, I shared about how essential oils helped me a lot with growth (going from nothing to something, yay!). I also dyed my hair darker in order to cut down on damage from bleaching. After two years of being a brunette, my inner blonde called to me and I had to go back. My hair is much healthier now with lots of love and care, but I have yet to reach my desired length. Ten weeks ago, I decided to give It Works! Hair, Skin, and Nails vitamins.

After seeing pics like this, I was willing to try:

These results look absolutely amazing and you see these pictures posted all over social media. I did  product swap with an It Works consultant and signed up for the three month autoship. The autoship was a lot cheaper than buying it outright. You can buy a 30 day supply for $55 with no commitment, or commit to 3 months of autoships for $33 per month. The catch is, you have to keep it for three months or pay a $50 loyalty fee. Once your three months are up, you can cancel at any time and still receive a loyal customer discount without doing the autoship program. 

Sadly, I did not see these results. I also sucked at taking quality pictures. And realizing that straightening my hair made for better pictures lol. So here is my 3 week hair compared to my 9 week hair. I chose these two to compare because my hair was in the same style, nicely straightened. In hindsight, I wish I would have taken all of them that way, but hey, some Saturdays you just don't do your hair. 
 As you can see, there isn't hardly any difference between the two. From Week 1 to Week 3, it looks like there is a difference, but the truth is, my hair was just incredibly messy for week one and two. Oops! Seriously though, after nine weeks and those example pictures, I should have Rapunzel hair by now! On another note, how did my hair look better in week 3 than any other week???!!









Pros:

  • The vitamins were easy on my stomach. I did not feel sick, unlike some other vitamins that make me nauseous. 
  • They really are filled with lots of goodies.
  • My nails were already long, so I wasn't really taking them for that, but they do seem a little stronger
  • There was some hair growth during my time using the vitamins
  • $33 isn't a bad price if you choose the autoship program. 
  • Autoship was nice because it came every month just in time, before my supply ran out
  • Buying from a direct sales rep means you're supporting someone REAL, not just a huge corporation and CEOs. 
Cons:
  • Obviously, the results in the promo pictures are not typical (or maybe I am a weirdo and it didn't work for me!)
  • I still noticed the same amount of hair falling out as before I started the vitamin
  • $55 is wayyyy expensive if you choose not to autoship. But autoship is kind of crappy if suddenly you don't have the money for vitamins. 
  • The pills are rather large, and they taste weird. Not bad weird, just.... grainy.
  • My skin wasn't any different. Still had my usual break out places. 
I will be finishing off my last jar here in a week or so and then trying Omnitrition Hair Skin and Nails vitamins. I refused to give up hope that there's some miracle pill out there for me ;) Or maybe Younique will come out with hair fibers like our lash fibers (totally joking)!  I will post those results too. I still have reviews of Olaplex, and my latest Stitch Fix to post later! 




3 comments:

  1. 3 months is not enough time to rate the product. Hair only grows half an inch a month. So that would be 1 and a half inches of growth. Try a year next time. Mine grew in really thick, lush and shiny. It doesnt necessarily grow faster...but the quality of the hair changes over time.
    It works! I am kind of upset because they just took a product that really worked well and changed the entire formulation. Instead of tablets they are capsules. They added vitamins and subtracted other things. Will it still work? It remains to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures for the products speak differently. For many of HSN customers the pictures for review seem positive and too good to be true. Many see growth in a few days to a week? That seems a little impossible and maybe the HSN is a little gimmicky or they just don't work for everyone. I agree with you that the hair does seem healthier and more lush so maybe that is why the hair could look longer. Maybe trying these for a year could work. I had no idea that the brand changed their entire formula. Interesting

      I'm not sure if I will give this brand a go.Taking the Manechoice biotin capsules and seeing a little progress.Fingers crossed

      Delete
  2. Oils,hair masks and biotin infused shampoos could work as well.I think a little of anything could work and less stress on the hair.Maybe try using less heat and styling products.Maybe try going all natural and braiding it at night.Good luck on your hair journey.Closer to longer hair than me.Kind of regret going short.Oh well

    ReplyDelete